LM3914

Dennis Bell beltec at a.crl.com
Sat Dec 5 21:58:09 GMT 1998

Make sure that the base voltage on your brightness control transistor does not
exceed about 5 volts when the lights are on. The typical base to emitter reverse
breakdown voltage is around 6 volts. If you exceed this voltage you will inject
current into pin 7 and raise the reference voltage when the lights are on.. A
resistor divider can be used on the base to limit the voltage.

Regards,
Dennis