"Tri-power TBI's

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed Dec 9 15:37:02 GMT 1998

Seems to me that you might be able to make a tri-power TBI set-up work
quite well using something like the computer from a four-cam Vette.

Run the center unit injectors as the primaries, run the end units as the
secondaries, and use the drive by wire actuator which normally operates the
secondary throttle on the Vette to operate the end TBI unit throttles.
After all, none of the stock tri-powers were mechanical linkage throttles
anyway!

Doesn't have to be a Vette computer--just something that could be
programmed that way and with the right sort of I/O capabilities to get
there.

You could even use the "valet key" feature--lock out the end units until
enabled.

Seems to me that this approach would have the computer knowing EXACTLY what
was going on, all the time. And it sure is a way to get the benefit of efi
on a classic (looking and sounding) Poncho engine! I have no quibble with
the fact that an IR setup might run better-but the point was more like how
to use an existing tri-power manifold.

Regards, Greg