Water Injection

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Fri Dec 18 01:10:12 GMT 1998

Is is of any benifits to use water injection purely so that i can advance
the timing more without detonation even on a relatively low compression
motor say 9.5:1 Would this give me any power advantages. This way I could
turn it on and off when needed say only use it under WOT conditions where i
have added more timing into my idnition MAP ???? That way I won't be needing
a massive water resivour in my boot and having to fill up water at the same
time as fuel...

At 05:03 PM 17/12/98 -0700, you wrote:
>It'll work, but you'll need a large water tank because unlike a boosted
engine that only sees high cylinder pressures under boost, a high
compression engine has high cylinder pressures all the time, and would need
the water injection on all/most of the time.

>WE ALLWAYS HEAR ABOUT WATER INJECTION FOR TURBO OR BLOWN CARS. WHAT ABOUT
>NORMALLY ASPORATED CARS
>IS THERE ANY BENIFIT IN INSTALLING WATER INJECTION HERE. FOR EXAMPLE HIGH
>COMPRESSION ETC...
>

>>	aquamist is ERL's latest generation of water-injection equipment. The main
>function of these systems is to suppress detonation caused by high
>temperature and pressure developed within the combustion chamber when the
>effective compression ratio has been taken beyond the auto-ignition point by
>either a turbo or a supercharger. Water, with its high latent heat content,
>is extremely effective for controlling not only the onset of detonation but
>also the  production of oxides of nitrogen in the modern leanburn engines.
>ERL's latest products are designed with  great care to ensure each system
>meets the highest standards of both electronic and  mechanical reliability.
>

>Best Regards,
>
>STUART BUNNING
>SALES ENGINEER
>KENELEC PTY LTD