L-Jetronic mods

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Fri Dec 18 06:41:58 GMT 1998

H Villemure wrote:

> Aaron,
>
> Aaron Willis wrote:
> >
> > My first post to this list -
> >
> > HELP!! I am new to all this stuff. Basically I am trying to inject and
> > possibly supercharge a currently carbureted engine. The engine is a
> > Toyota 3T-C
>
> you mean you plan to work on the 3T-C? Do you have the engine code ok?
> Cuz the 3T-C is a pushrod, carburated, single overhead cam engine. It
> does not share all the very strong internals of the 3T-GTE.

Actually, the 3TC is an 1800 cc hemi head, pushrod engine with cam in
block, and has the same bottom end as the venerable 3tg twin cam engine.
It is virtually bullet proof and responds well to tuning. a 50%
horsepower increase, judiciously applied, should still be reliable. Any
more would reduce reliability, in my opinion. Just worked on the
critters from their inception to their demise.