water injection

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Dec 18 23:14:23 GMT 1998

>F1 does use gasoline, and has since 1948.  What they call "gasoline"
>sometimes varied considerably from what comes out of the local
>pump, but it's supposed to be 104 RON unleaded gas, and they
>test for this.

I do not consider propylene oxide to be a normal "pump" gas additive, and
it IS in the stuff that they run (made by ELF) in FI. Know of at least one
big time motorcycle racer who got DQed from a race cuzza he ran the ELF FI
juice--they DID NOT LIKE IT when they checked his fuel.

And I doubt that the PO is all that is in there on the track!! Checked or
not!! Kinda like the magazine articles and the advertising, or slick
willie--too much money involved for anybody to be honest!!

Regards, Greg