Flow rates for nozzles

Barry E. King beking at home.com
Sat Dec 19 04:09:04 GMT 1998

> -----Bruce's Original Message-----

> 50% is from Sir Harry Ricardo's Book as a max number, and what
> we use in a max effort pulling tractor running 60 PSI of booost.
>
> If non intercooled, and your looking to help cool the intake air charge,
> then I'd go with the finer the mist the better.

Okay.  I am intercooled using factory air-air exchangers so they are "okay"
but will become soaked withing 20-30 mins of hard use like on a road course.
Maximum peak boost will be between 21-25 psi with 21+ psi sustained.

<snip>

> Fuel consumption from max torque to max HP is increased by only
> a couple percent per K of rpm, so it don't have to be very precise,

Is an adjustment range of 5-15% (based on mass) too conservative?  What
range would you consider appropriate for this type of setup?  My thinking is
to squirt the minimum necessary to reduce detonation but allow the ability
to squirt as much as is reasonable adjustable based on MAP.  Fr'instance, 18
psi may only require say 5% whereas 21 psi may require 10%.  I just pulled
those numbers out of the air for purposes of example of course.

Thanks,

Barry