gm EFI distributor & making an adapter plate for tbi

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Sat Dec 19 07:32:55 GMT 1998

Stowe, Ted-SEA wrote:

> I just got a used distributor from a 85 gm 1.8L engine, it's an EFI
> distributor.
>
> I want to trigger the related gm ECU.
>
> oddly it almost looks like if it had a shaft on it, (it's a squat little
> thing), it would almost work in my mg, the key on the end is the same as my
> mgb distributor. Does anyone know of a circa '85ish gm EFI distributor that
> has a classical shaft ? or a creative machine shop that could make an
> adapter ring to have a mgb distributor shaft body drive this gm distributor
> ?
>
> also I need to find a machine shop to build an adapter plate for me for a gm
> throttle body to a two barrel Weber manifold. (it's not that bad).
>
> thanks, Ted.

Ted,
   If you are interested, TWM is offering SU-style throttle bodies with inectors
to mount on your original manifold....sure to give better performance than a
downdraft throttle body setup, but not cheap. Why not keep the SUs? My '72 ran
like the devil with them.
  If you want to try another option, you can also do a weber DCOE pattern
throttle body with injectors on a sidedraft manifold. Big bucks again.
   TWM is at twminduction.com , e-mail is twmindsb at aol.com , phone (805)
967-9478.
   As for your adapter, sounds like a local job, or DIY with some stock from
your local metal shop. Good luck with your 'B - I'd like to hear more about it.

Aaron Willis