making an adapter plate for tbi

Pedro Haynes edwards at mail.sunbeach.net
Sat Dec 19 09:14:15 GMT 1998

In getting power you need two things or maby more of one and less of
another. These are time and money, if you have both you will be a winner.

For the trottle boddies you can build you own. you can get an old carb and
plug, saw of and do a little welding and you have a trottle body, all you
need it the time. You can even do this with and old weber or mikuni, i have
to check on the old SU in the yard.

 Next option, build one out of steel tube,,when this thought came in my
head i thought, 'no one builds these things out of steel, then i asked my
self why not?  the butterflies will be a problem since they are not round
and are slightly tiped at the edges. So you can get a tube which has an
internal diameter of a carb from which you can get buterflies. Equipment is
minimal

We some how hate the sight if steel but lets face it i may work long enough
to save for a "factory Trottle body" Or maby you can make a trottle body
out of aluminium, This is more expensive to do, as you will neet access to
a metal lathe and aluminium welding equipment.

In any case the weber type carb will be the best way to go since manifolds
are easy to obtain. And you may be able to get spare butterflies.

Pedro