water injection and then some (long!)

H Villemure memvive at globetrotter.qc.ca
Sat Dec 19 16:32:59 GMT 1998

Chris,

are there any other side effects to water injection? Like corrosion, oil
contamination in case of less-than-perfect blowby? Would you use a set
of spare injectors to the manifold (say below at 180°) to inject water?

Also, this would be an absolutely great solution to the problem of
detonation, but wouldn't you have to re-calculate the efforts in the
connecting rods and wrist pins to account for the increased momentary
pressure? I am not sure that all stock rods (especially Honda's, heh)
could take that?.. I will go back to the open-system analysis and try to
figure a few orders of magnitude. I do not find it so obvious to figure
it with forced induction.

Thanks for the great input,

--
Helene V.