broken turbo

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 02:17:20 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/20/98 9:01:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djwest at subcorp.com.au writes:

<< I am getting injector pulse width of 2.4 msec at 1000 rpm. This is
 more than 1/5 total width. Based on an engine that produces 200 bhp at
 around 6000 rpm this means that I am injecting enough fuel for about
 40 hp. This can't be right.

 Does anyone out there know what an approximate pulse width at 1000 rpm
 would be for an engine like this one. >>

For what it is worth,

My engine has a PW of 2.2ms at 750 RPM.
I think pulse widths on most engines of different sizes should be similar
assuming the injector size to engine displacement ratio is about the same.
And on most autos that aren't totally radical, I'd assume they are.
Of course I could be wrong!

But I was surprised to see such a large PW at idle myself, but there it is.

Ted