broken turbo

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Mon Dec 21 03:18:13 GMT 1998

>In a message dated 12/20/98 9:01:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>djwest at subcorp.com.au writes:
>
><< I am getting injector pulse width of 2.4 msec at 1000 rpm. This is
> more than 1/5 total width. Based on an engine that produces 200 bhp at
> around 6000 rpm this means that I am injecting enough fuel for about
> 40 hp. This can't be right.

No , it is not. At 1000 rpm, you are only getting an injector squirt every
120 ms --- so at 2.4 ms. PW, your injector duty cycle at idle is only 2% or
so. If you have an injector duty cycle of 80% at 200 HP @ 6000 rpm, that
means that your idle HP is more like 5 HP, which is about right.

Regards, Greg