VATS Bypass

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 22 00:52:59 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew F. Gunnesch <afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, December 21, 1998 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: VATS Bypass

>Bruce, what about his concerns about burning up his engine?

"I think" he was partly talking in jest.  But, it's always preferred to have
things right, rather than cobbed.  No offense meant, just if your using
a gm ecm it's best to play their game.  IE, if EGR called for, either
disable the call or it's reporting.

>I'm running the 'vette heads without headers currently, so I'm not >running
EGR either (interestingly, I don't get a code set).

With my 747, and 6956's they would always catch it, er set a code.

>Am I in danger of damaging my engine?

The best solution is disabling it, meaning that neither the timing/fuel
corrections are applied.  If you tune well, I doubt trouble, but that is a
game call for skill levels.

>On Dec 21, 12:31am, Bruce Plecan wrote:
>> Subject: Re: VATS Bypass

EGR