Torque Converter Lock-Ups

kv at us.ibm.com kv at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 23 17:54:05 GMT 1998

SO is the TCC lockup/unlock based only on MPH and the brake switch?  No
info on load is used??

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

"Bellsouth" <n5xmt at bellsouth.net> on 12/23/98 09:16:30 AM

Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

To:   diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
cc:    (bcc: Kevin Vannorsdel/San Jose/IBM)
Subject:  Re: Torque Converter Lock-Ups

Roger,
There is a solenoid in the trans that controls lockup, and a valve in the
valve body that inhibits it until 2nd gear.
Grounding pin F of your ALDL connector will hold the TCC locked in 2nd, 3rd
and OD. (Unless you step on the brakes...)
Not sure exactly where it is in your chip, but there should be an apply MPH
for 2nd, 3rd and OD (usually different for each gear) and a disengage MPH
also.  The early 700R4 and 4L60's had the engage/disengage too close
together so the TCC would cycle on/off quickly and burn up the trans.

Later,
Dave