what is LV8?

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 24 06:21:16 GMT 1998

LV8 is a "Calculated" load value used on MAF cars.  When using Diacom and
comparing spark advance and rpm when looking at the spark map, my 165 ecm
uses LV8, NOT actual grams/sec for the spark calculation.  Before this was
pointed out to me by Steve Cole of TTS I could never get the rpm, grams/sec
and the actual spark shown in Diacom to match the map.  After I used LV8
instead of grams/sec the spark was right where it was supposed to be.  Also
after I zeroed out the pesky WOT spark adder that put in an additional 4 deg
advance when in WOT.
Mark