Spiral Max

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 26 22:34:56 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Orin Eman <orin at wolfenet.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, December 26, 1998 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: Spiral Max

>> to talk me out of using them that they were for offroad vehicles only...

In some of their ads they mention that.

>What happened to the neon?  Cross-firing leading to detonation?
>
>For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, take a look at www.magnecor.com -
>they have lots of info on wires.  Summary is that wires won't increase
>HP!  Most observed increases are due to replacing old leaky wires
>with new ones.  They are particularly hard on Nology...

I find it fasinating they find folks to spend like $250 for a 6 cylinder
set of plug wires, and almost $350 for 8 cylinder set.  The literature
reads in an interesting manner.  Using the plug wire, with a capacitor.
To instantly dump the cap, and I think their claim reads 1000x more
instantenous power across the gap.

  I like claims that have the CARB stamp of approval.  Meaning the
product didn't worsen emissions, ie, anything that doesn't do
anything, gets their seal of approval.  State approval of garbage
what a novel concept.
  Like I heard off list the state of CA was going to stay out of auto
repair.  But, CARB doesn't like playing cop, so they just keep raising the
standards for the equipment, price, driving the small shops out of the
business.   So evenually it will be a state program, and alot more
expensive.  Now they are getting clever, and using fines to pay for the
programs, so it's not paid for by taxpayers, but by big bad businesses
which just pass the costs to the consumers.
  Bruce