Spiral Max

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 04:53:55 GMT 1998

In a message dated 12/26/98 2:42:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

<<
 >> to talk me out of using them that they were for offroad vehicles only...

 In some of their ads they mention that.

 >What happened to the neon?  Cross-firing leading to detonation?
 >
 >For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, take a look at www.magnecor.com -
 >they have lots of info on wires.  Summary is that wires won't increase
 >HP!  Most observed increases are due to replacing old leaky wires
 >with new ones.  They are particularly hard on Nology...

 I find it fasinating they find folks to spend like $250 for a 6 cylinder
 set of plug wires, and almost $350 for 8 cylinder set.  The literature
 reads in an interesting manner.  Using the plug wire, with a capacitor.
 To instantly dump the cap, and I think their claim reads 1000x more
 instantenous power across the gap.

   I like claims that have the CARB stamp of approval.  Meaning the
 product didn't worsen emissions, ie, anything that doesn't do
 anything, gets their seal of approval.  State approval of garbage
 what a novel concept.
   Like I heard off list the state of CA was going to stay out of auto
 repair.  But, CARB doesn't like playing cop, so they just keep raising the
 standards for the equipment, price, driving the small shops out of the
 business.   So evenually it will be a state program, and alot more
 expensive.  Now they are getting clever, and using fines to pay for the
 programs, so it's not paid for by taxpayers, but by big bad businesses
 which just pass the costs to the consumers.
   Bruce

 >Orin.

 Hiya Group,
       I really enjoy you guys picking right up on the crap that's out there
for sale and enlightening the world.....for everyones sake here I think it is
good to advise that the CARB does NOT approve anything (I have been involved
in getting lots of EO #'s) they give you an exemption order number which
allows you to sell said product within the state of CA....but in their letter
they also gravely tell you to never advertise that such product is APPROVED by
the state of CA......and this spiral max and nology co. are among the crap we
see when a company has a larger budget for advertising than they do for
engineering......my two cents....
-Carl Summers