Water Injection Thread

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Thu Dec 31 05:54:33 GMT 1998

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:23:56 -0500 Frederic Breitwieser
<frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com> writes:

<snip>

>>built one not even that radical that would lift the front wheels when
>>downshifted in 3rd :) :) well ok, it's a mid-engine...but still).
>
>For chassis setup and testing, I'll be using a N/A 4.1L block with an
Audi
>FWD transaxle, which will be replaced with the Porsche G50-50 transaxle,
>with a build up to about 500 HP.  This is more than enough for my 2200lb
>target weight :)
>
>I figure 500 HP is more than enough (prolly overkill), and the Porsche
unit
>will survive.  A friend of mine runs more than that through it, however
its
>top RPM power, not off the line power (grunt) like the buick Engine.  I
>have concerns about 1st gear actaully.

Have you ever considered going with an AWD setup?  Perhaps the Audi setup
would work.  They split the torque between the front and rear wheels
using a Zexel Torsen type differential.  That way, all four wheels will
grab, but the front will not tend to spin out and rob power from the rear
when the front end starts to get light.

What does Lambroghini use for its Diablo?  Could one of those transfer
cases be obtained for less than a mint?  Does Porsche have any AWD
models?

Ray Drouillard