Chemical warfare

Clarence Wood clarencewood at centuryinter.net
Thu Dec 31 16:40:14 GMT 1998

At 04:07 AM 12/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
(the editing is mine)
(snip)>In my (*ahem*) "spare time" I like to design and build (**)plosives,
>kind of a hobby left over from earlier years. In particular I
>appreciate *elegant* (**)plosives, where an (**)plosive can be said
>to be elegant in the way that a machine or piece of code can be
>considered elegant. (Either ya know already what I mean or I can't
>explain it.) One elegant (**)plosive which I haven't had the time
>to build yet is a combination of CaC2 and H2O2 in a sealed
>container. CaC2 is the stuff in miner's lamps. Add water and it
>makes heat, plus acetylene gas. Heat up H2O2, it gives off more
>heat, some O2, and water. See where this is going? Add a confined
>space so the pressure goes way up...
(snip)

Hi all,
  I am relative new to the list, but as one member recently said, reading the messages of the DIY is one of the highlights of my day.  That having been said, I look upon all of you as friends, until proven otherwise, and I feel that I should inform you all of something that may be very dangerous.
  One of my hobbies is encryption techniques.  Recently, some of you may have heard of the governments effort to control the encryption of cellular phones and e-mail.  They won the cellular encryption battle but are still trying to influence the big software houses to use nonsense encryption techniques (by nonsense, I mean easily decrypted code).  This makes it easy for them to read your e-mail.
  The FBI has set up a system where they scan all, I repeat, ALL, e-mail messages looking for *key words*.  When their system finds one of the key words they begin an investigation of the individual who sent the e-mail, as well as those who received the mail.  As an aside note: when the *hackers* found out about this, they liberated the key word list from the FBI and flooded the net with messages that contained one or more of the key words.
  This scanning of the e-mail by the government is a serious problem and as such should be kept in mind when writing about sensitive subjects.  Chris, I suggest you start looking over your shoulder!  If you do find that you, or even think, that you are being watched, seek legal help.
  How does the saying go: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

IZCC #3426
 1982 280ZX Turbo GL
 1966 El Camino
 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ-1101J Motorcycle