Voltage regulator

Falb, John John.Falb at Unisys.Com
Thu Dec 31 18:14:05 GMT 1998

Sounds like you are referring to Kenne Belle boost a pump. If not check it
out. Jacobs also makes a booster to 50a. Can't remember the cost I think it
is like 150. I would like to hear about a home brew version though.

John Falb

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Tisdale [mailto:btisdale at cybersol.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 1998 6:48 AM
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Voltage regulator

Any electronics gurus out there familiar w/ voltage boosters / regulators?
There's a manufacturer out there specializing in aftermarket parts for turbo
cars that sells an adjustable voltage regulator that will supply 12-16v (@
up to 40a) from a battery source of 8-12v, to boost the stock fuel pump
output.

Any idea what circuitry is involved?  The price of this gadget is $250 or
so, which probably means you could put it together for $50 (?).  If the
stock pump is not up to the needs of a hopped up engine, this seems like a
neat gadget.

Barry