Has anyone looked at this

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Dec 31 20:06:29 GMT 1998

I've been fooling around with my ecm bench, and thought I'd try
a v-8, 749 calibration.  After looking at some proms at $009 the
Sunbirdz were 8, the syty's C, for the cylinder select, so I tried F
for the 8 cylinder and the rpm reads right etc.  But, got me thinking,
has anyone put a frequency counter on an injector to actually see
if it fired every 3rd ignition pulse????
  If it fires every 6th that might explain lousy idles.
  This is the first ecm I've seen the cyl select 2x the actual number.
  I've seen other coded entries, and the actual number, this has just
  got me curious.
  Has anyone used a pulse width measuring tool, and compared that
  to the diacom readings??.
Bruce