HALTECH E6GM rebuttal

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 4 15:48:29 GMT 1998

ref Ward Willianson:
Better than any stock ecm.

I'll be polite, and say that is a bold statment to
make to this list.
Maybe some other unit was easy, and enjoyable for
you to use.  But remember that is your opinion.
With the right program you can move as much
in the fuel/timing areas as any non-oem.  Maybe
for us poorer folks we don't have the cash for a
laptop, but can afford a burner, and eraser, with
some chips.  I scrounged for alot of stuff, and have
almost nothing in my set-up.  I bought my initial
EFI for $25 (manifolds sensors some harness and
stock ECM), different computer $50, harness $20,
program $300, burner 120, eraser 15, chips
holder solder heatshrink maybe 50.  How much
you got in yours??????.
  For me to burn the 400 chips it took to get mine
right was an effort but I'll bet I'm just as proud of
mine as you are of yours.
  I won't get into the my stick is bigger than yours.
To the innocent bystanders I apologize for the
blow-up
  May we continue with our normal broadcast.
Bruce