Min. injector off time

steve ravet steve at imes.com
Wed Feb 4 16:55:28 GMT 1998

Mikey B Sorensen wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to EFI and have a few questions:
> 1.  Explain the difference between : Staged Injection, Sequential,
> Multipoint, Batch fire, TBI... (I know a few of them..I think.)

Staged injection:  Any engine that needs a lot of gas at the top end
either because it revs high or has forced induction needs large
injectors to keep up.  But these large injectors are hard to control at
idle, and deliver too much fuel.  Injectors that give a good idle don't
flow enough at high RPM.  Staged injection has extra injectors that are
brought on line as the RPMs climb.  Sorta like a four barrel carb.

> 2. If I were to make my own ECU + Injector drivers.. would the Peak and
> Hold be the way to go??.. since I from what I understand can control both
> kinds of injectors.. (Saturated or Peak and Hold..).
>
> 3. I had a 87 Vette with the 350 TPI and it had a cold start injector..,
> was that to get better idle? and is it only used during cold starts or
> also during peak load/rpm??.

Only cold start, AFAIK.  The cold injector was done away with later,
it's delivery schedule was programmed into the main injectors.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
International Meta Systems