VE Tables Fuel Tables Maps Igniton Spark

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Feb 8 07:22:37 GMT 1998

ref VE tables
On a 89 vette there aren't really the VE tables like I
was talking about and posted, my example was for
a TBI which is a Speed Density.  The computer
knows from various sensors what is going on but has
to calculate the air entering the engine, and then
fine tunes it by using the O2 sensor.  So you have to
"give it a range" to estimate where to start these
calculations, and based on that a set of look ahead
tables for it to consider.
  Now, on an engine with a Mass Air Flow sensor
the ecm is constantly being told how much air is
being used, and with that known it's a simple
calculation for figuring the injector timing.  So all
it really needs is something for enrichment for
accleration, and something for WOT.
  Setting up a MAF is really easy to do compared to
a MAP,  if ya can get the WOT enrichments then
you about have it all.  Some tinkering on the timing
might be nice.
  Hope that helps to clarify it.
Bruce     Again from the 97 DOJ  FBI reports
               The only "violent" acts that any cone
               shaped hat wearers where involved with
               was a guy who twice almost robbed a
               bank, but both times he was actually