Looking for Windows C++ Guru for h*elp

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Mon Feb 9 20:31:16 GMT 1998

Daniel

Well I feel proud that I can once again start a good discussion (read
flame) on nothing related to EFI ;-). Your statement is correct, for _some_
things SDK will do just fine, but I'll be with the extra 100k of code that
a simple framework will add, I can be 100 times as productive, in addition,
I want to concentrate on the business at hand, NOT the admittedly poorly
crafted SDK, with is lack of type checking, ba-zillions of API entry
points, and other programming nightmares. The SDK has its place, but for
the average programmer or hack (like myself!!), it is a bit on the low
level and just too unproductive!

"the reason that I recommend the Microsoft product is that in general it
works a lot better over a wide range of systems...."

I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds like what I run into day after
day, people that have drank the coolaid... It is too bad that it was only a
pie that got smashed in Billy's face ;-o. Oddly enough those same people
are the most amazed when I show them what can be done with non-microsoft
products enhancing their ability to deal with microsoft technologies, and
increase their productivity.

Whew, I feel better, sorry Daniel ;-), cut me some slack, I work for a
competitor!

Sandy

At 11:10 AM 2/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>While it is true that the MS foundation class add a LOT of code (more than
OWL