Looking for Windows C++ Guru for h*elp

delsol delsol at garlic.com
Mon Feb 9 23:56:47 GMT 1998

Sandy,

I know what you mean about working for a competitor. I write custom apps for
living. The
fact is that all in all the Microsoft compiler has more support and goodies than
the others. Add to
that the fact that if you use their compilers (in a large shop) they will give you
some huge price
breaks on products plus provide you with "insider" info that you normally can't
get outside of microsoft about new products and standards, not to mention that you
can get to the development team for a giver product.

When writing device drivers you must use Microsoft code if you want any help or
approval of Mr. Bills troops. Without
their seal of approval you can't get the little sticker on you box that helps you
sell your products as windows compatible.

All of the above and more make the Microsoft compilers the professional standard.
There are a number of other good compilers
out there but Microsoft sets the gold standard.

If it was up to me I would still be using my beloved Borland compilers, but, alas,
they look like
they have been forced out of the business.

just my dollar and two cents
Daniel

PS - if you would like to take this off line please e-mail me. By the by...who do
you work for..?