Basic Stamp

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 10 08:47:00 GMT 1998

> To:            diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> From:          "bruce plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> Subject:       Re:Basic Stamp
> Date:          Mon, 09 Feb 98 16:43:09 PST

> I've read ads about something called a basic stamp.
> For someone just starting, and is an ole dog is that
> a worth while place to start.
> Was thinking about a programable interface.
> ie changing a voltage to a freguency but the little
> dood dads that do that are a little to complex on the
> rc calculations
> Or is something like that best for like controlling an
> injector based on TPS/RPM/Map where it's gotta
> look at three things first.
> Bruce        No officer Yes officer here ya go officer,
>                  would ya mind taking your hand off that
>                  weapon?   please.   See it's justa hat.

Good starter micro, book has a lot of simple usefull projects.
I think they have a voltage to frequency example.
It has built in emulator debugger, but you must like spaggetti to
like BASIC code.  If you got about $200 I would get the parallax
programmer and CCS C compiler, then you can get more chips.
Check out www.parallax.com
There is also a good stamp mailing list, mostly basic electronics.
Alex