Electronic valve control

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Tue Feb 10 12:24:10 GMT 1998

>      I have heard about the no starter thing........but any I.C. engine I have
> ever worked with will leak down i.e. the cylinder pressure dissipates, especially
> over time...

A few years back, I beleivein a Popular mechanics mag, there was a short
article about a pancake starter/alternator mounted UNDER the flywheel. It
was strange to the tester cause there was of course, no gear grind from a
typicaly starter, as the system was inductive.  I donno if anyone ever
planned on using it in the future but it was a cool conecpt and worked
well in the article, and some benefits like, no gears/bearings as such to
wear out, and better alternator efficiency due to the higher angular
velocity thanks to the large diameter of the flywheel.

Dave