Malfunction Flags

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Tue Feb 10 14:20:07 GMT 1998

bruce plecan wrote:

>   Chevy High Performance has an article about reprogramming
> stock GM computers.  If you looking for good info (smile),
> kinda funny when they get parts from folks how nice they speak
> of them.

This month's issue?

> Does anyone have a bin of a late 90-92, 454 chevy pickup with
> 1227747 ECM.
> Bruce        Mending fences 101, send your ex, a cone shaped hat
>                  keep the matching broom in a closet that you use often
>                  life's too short not to have an inside joke going

  I've seen a couple of big block pickups, 1990 with 4speed trans and 1
ton, which used a 12277748.  We had a real mix up one day because a 747 and
a 748 came in together, and I was given the wrong ecm.  To make a long
story short, I accidentally put the 747 in for the 748, using the 747 prom,
and the truck started and ran fine. I don't remember what made me realize
it was wrong.  Something funny like the upshift light was on when the
vehicle wasn't moving.  Anyone know what the differences are between these
two ecm's?

Shannen