O2 sensor's

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Tue Feb 10 15:14:55 GMT 1998

New (OBDII) cars have a 2nd O2 sensor downstream of the cat.   The resulting
signal is analyzed in comparison of the upstream (normal location) O2 sensor
to determine if the cat is good.  Monitoring all emissions critical
components is an EPA requirement.  I don't think this second sensor is any
part of the closed loop fuel system.

-mike