Tuning O2sensor Knock Sensor Engine Damage

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Tue Feb 10 19:55:18 GMT 1998

At 08:37 AM 2/11/98 +1200, you wrote:

>This sounds suspect. My street car (10.4:1 compression) detonates
>just a touch at WOT on 93 octane. If what you are saying is true, I
>would loose torque (and therefore power) if I ran AVGAS.
>
>I don't believe this for a second, what's your source for this
>information?. Who's R&D?

 Right on.. let me say that EVERY engines best tuning points
 are EMPIRICAL..

 Some engines produce best power at 13.2:1.. some at 11:1

 Same with MBT spark timing.. for some engines it cannot be
 attained since it is beyond the knock limits

 The golden rule is that there is NO golden rule ;)

 Jim C.

 PS: I tune engines for a living.. for race teams and private owners
     and OEMS.. 4,6,8,12 cylinders.. mostly euro, but some 'merican
     all EFI.. some turbo, some supe's, and some norm. aspirated..

     Every time you think you have it "down" .. the motor will teach
     you a few things.. *grin*

Jim Conforti,
Bonneville Motor Werks

http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com