Tuning O2sensor Knock Sensor Engine Damage

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 11 00:41:09 GMT 1998

ref todays comments about timing

I have done a bunch of playing with timing especially at
WOT, and lately have noticed that 2d less than triggering
the knock sensor has had no effect on performance.
In the past I'd spent lots of time doing dyno work and
many times the customer would wind up taking 2-4d
out from where we had it.  Please note this is in the
early 70's, and we were using one we made, and were
no where as sophisticated as they are now.
  Might mention this was also geting the AFR to correct
within .2 at each timing spec..
  Bruce