DIY glass fibre plenum chamber? Bad idea?

Kevin Vannorsdel kv at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 11 01:49:08 GMT 1998

When I was in College we used a material called Spectre from Allied Signal.  It
claimed to be better than Kevlar in nearly all categories...  I think it may
have had a temperature problem though... can't recall.   We used it to build
20' x 4'x1"  solar panels for our GM Sunrayce entry.

The stuff sure was hard to cut!

There are also composite- composite fibers...  like Kevlar woven with glass
etc...  that can lend some good properties also.

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu on 02/10/98 05:47:27 PM
Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu @ internet