DIY glass fibre plenum chamber? Bad idea?

Kevin Vannorsdel kv at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 11 17:38:17 GMT 1998

Are these things completely plastic or FRP  (Fiber Re-inforced Plastic) ?  Just
curious...

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu on 02/11/98 09:33:49 AM
Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu @ internet
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu @ internet
cc:
Subject: Re: DIY glass fibre plenum chamber? Bad idea?

<< The company i work for makes plastic intake manifolds...Very lucrative.
 We are working on a lot of them for the new fords in particular.  I
 don't recall what type of plastic it is, but i can check if you want me
 to.  These are injection molded. >>

Are you sure that they're injection molded...? I had always thought that
injection molding was better suited for non-hollow parts. I would think that
they'd be blow molded. But either way, plastic intake manifolds are cool.
Could you please find out the type of plastic used? It seems as if more and
more manufacturers are turning towards plastic intake manifolds...so there's
definitely a future in them.

Van