O2 LED Displays

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Wed Feb 11 23:04:41 GMT 1998

> The new Popular Electronics has an interesting schematic
> on page 55 they use a LM3914, for monitoring a v, the
> neat part is that you can set the upper, and lower limits
> so for others like me, it's a start if ya wanna just look
> at say .75v-.85v, for setting WOT on your SBC,  BBC,
> SBF,  BBF, using a GM O2 senor.  By new I mean
> Apr 98..  I'd use a 7812, or 7805 voltage regulator
> and a 100mfd condenser on each of the 7805..

I use a 78L05 myself and a moving dot configuration,
1Mohm in series with the input.

> for powering it.....You'll probably have to/will tinker
> with the pots (values) to get your v that interest you.

Sounds like another circuit ripped straight from the LM3914
datasheet.

Hope they did some decent power conditioning or...

> HTH  Bruce     Cone Shaped Hat Wearers warning
>                         3914s can smell really bad, and even
>                         sound like a popcorn kernel in a
>                         microwave..

...you won't need the microwave.  Actually, they claim to be
fairly sturdy, but not sturdy enough for the 80V spikes on an
auto electrical system IMO.

Orin.