LSM-11 source

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Feb 12 12:48:25 GMT 1998

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, bruce plecan wrote:

> ref Frank Parker:
> Where in the world of Bosch would one look for the
> temp correction tables for the O2 sensor.

All I have been able to find is the 3 temp curves from Bosch. Maybe
Steve Lamb in Aust has been able to get other info.
	Bosch part #: 0-258-104-002
	Bosch Chicago: 708-865-5244
	Data sheet # (9 pages):Y 258 K02 078
	Good Bosch Distb(has LSM11 in stock): Mech-Tronic
					      NY area
					      516-423-0523 ph

The sensor has essentially the same output curve as production car
sensors but is specially made for repeatability and low flow over
sensor element. Thus one can replace prod sensor with lsm11 and connect
to both logger/dvm/? and the car ecm as long as device connected is
of high impedance. The NTK can not as output curve is bipolar.

Want even more background: see "Automotive Electronics Handbook" by
Ronald Jurgen. Chapter 6, Exhaust Gas Sensors, is written by
HM Wiedenmann, Bosch GmbH, Lambda Oxygen Sensor Development.

Regards,

Frank Parker