Adapter [IDE or ISA]

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxln.com.au
Thu Feb 12 23:23:32 GMT 1998

Hi I'm going to have a say about this adaptor thingy.

This is from an uneducated and downunder view but it may be useful:

Is the desired job to read calpaks(MEMCAL we call them) while they are
still in the ECU. If so that may mean you want an edge connector similar to
the ISA bus connector of a PC, the PC connector is 2 rows of 31 pins the
ECU's I've seen are 2 rows of 30 pins.

If this edge connector allows this I'd like to find out more, it could
certainly enhance the connection hardware of my live programming memcal
replacement module. If you can help me with info on this I'd be great ful

If you want the MEMCAL receiver from the ECU board it is 2 rows of 33 a
custom delco part I beleive. But as some one already said you can knock
something up out of vero board and dual row strips of PCB header pins. But
that means you'll be taking the MEMCAL out of the ECU.

I may be missing something important but I cant see what is special about
the 2 row of 20 pins used for the IDE connector unless it is especially
keyed to prevent wrong installation as some brand name PC components are.

I'll shut up now, cause I may be on the wrong track

wayne