Electramotive/Haltech/Motec Fuel Injection - Injected LPG

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Sun Feb 15 01:37:50 GMT 1998

Michael Bachmann wrote:

> [...]
Michael,
   Yes there is always hp to gain by changing the cam specs,,,The
exhaust closing event has to be timed for the rpm band so as not to
waste boost out the exhaust,then intake closing event has to be late
enough so as to broaden the torque band(but not too late or it will
pulse back up through the intake at low speeds, although boost seems to
stay up cylinder filling goes down)Then intake opening event is set to
maximize the overlap cycle(there is a huge difference between total
overlap and effective overlap) for combustion chamber cooling,,static
compression,fuel type and minimum rpm controlls this...then exhaust
opening has to addressed so as not to cause spool up to be too
slow.......I am not familiar with your engine so there are many
questions to be addressed...but hope this info helps....
-Carl Summers