Ignition timing, ESC, knock counts

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Feb 15 02:50:59 GMT 1998

I've noticed that at times the knock count as displayed on a
scan tool actually seems to be twice the actual amount of
degrees retard that it takes to cure the knock triggering..
Usually I just play with the timing since it's just a small
amount, but was wondering if there is a 1:1 ratio knock
count to ignition timing in degrees..  Or does this vary by ecm
Again the above is GM specific.
Cheers  Bruce    Well bad news,  My two cone shaped hat
                          has been deemed politically incorrect by
                          NOW.  VIVA the single cones