GM-HEI Modules

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Tue Feb 17 05:25:09 GMT 1998

Has Anyone messed with the stock older style HEI Ignition modules? Does it
do anything special, ie, auto-dwell or current limit, etc. What is the
intended coil specs, if that matters.

Also anyone have the pinout and connection info, I don't have one for the 4
connection type, just the newer ones that use ECM to control the timming.
I'm thinking of trying it out, but drive it with a digital source, from,
lets say, a TPU port (buffered of course).

These might make a cheep, durable and easily available module to drive the
ignition coils. Much easier then getting them damm IGBT's ;-), and the
whole module for around 10 bucks at any autoparts store...

Lastly, anyone look at the new Protel 98 stuff yet?

Sandy