DIY Fiberglass intake/plenum.

Robert Humphris r.humphris at indigo-avs.com
Tue Feb 17 09:25:22 GMT 1998

>> > The stuff you were casting when you were 14 wasn't hollow.  Don't forget
>>that
>> > a mold for casting something like a manifold requires both inner male
>>plugs
>> > and outer female molds.  To do that, you need a pattern that is a
>>facsimile of
>> > the final part, ie a fiberglass mockup.

Yes it was, I admit that it was not as complex a shape as an inlet
manifold, but we are grown up now and able to apply better problem
solving techniques ( Well alright I haven't grown up, but some one must
have )...

What I would do is make seperate tracts to each inlet, and have an
massive inlet trumpet as part of the design, with an injector boss into
each cylinder, and a well designed trumpet, it would look very cool and
produce power....

Rob Humphris