Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you deside

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Wed Feb 18 00:53:53 GMT 1998

it depends on turbo charger sizing.You can put on a small turbo and have a
low rpm.torque boost.At high rpm,s this charger will develop high back
pressure
on engine.VE will drop, but you will read high boost pressure.Problem with
turbos is they have a smaller "user aria" than the engine.New types of
turbos
with variable vanes,will help.I think speed density systems used with
turbos
should have exsaust pressure as a part of fuel calculation.When the turbo
speeds up the backpressure is higher.Means lessVE ,Higher backpressure
gives higher combustion tempratures,and the engine needs less timing.A
sudden opening of waste gate will lover back pressure,but not boost before
turbo has slowed down.(maybe a cople of cylinders will get VERY good VE.)
At high boost pressures this get worse,I think this is the main cause of
turbo engine failure. Please give a comment if you are of another wiew.

Espen Hilde