Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you deside

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Feb 18 04:39:31 GMT 1998

ref Espen Hilde:
 One other thing, about turbo motors that doesn't help there life
expectancy IMHO is that during gear changes the turbo due to
it's inertia is still spooled up and immediately after the gear change
there is a millisecond of uncontrolled boost, once it's shaft speed
drops things are right again.  In the "lower gears" this isn't as
much of an issue since the engine still has the toque muliplication
of the tranny from loading it to much.  Then like in the turbo
Buicks it's right after the 2-3 gear change that knock is most
likely.
  Bruce   First really big cone shaped hat driving experience,  in
              70- 71 finding a Dodge Daytona Winged Warrior, me
              sports car (thought was fast) down shifted 2x at 65, so
              did Plymouth, he drove away so fast I started to open
              the door to get out and check under the hood......