GM-HEI Modules

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Thu Feb 19 05:27:01 GMT 1998

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com wrote:

> Shannen
>
> Some time ago there was some interest in using the later HEI(High
> Energy Ignition) modules as a way to control the timing.  If there is
> a pin on the module that could be shorted out or maybe a variable
> resistor, or a variable voltage applied to, a person could control
> the amount of advance or retard from the cockpit much simpler than
> trying to run a mechanical link to the distributor.
>
> So I guess my question is.  What pins on what modules do we do what
> to?
> Bob McKnight

  I'm a poor, humble mechanic.  My interest in doing exactly what you're
describing is what led to my subscribing to this list, in a very
roundabout way.  I've learned a bunch, but never enough to make an actual
timing control.  I can plod through schematics, and diagnose some simple
circuits, but I don't know enough to make "THE BOX".  But I do know a few
interesting things about HEI and I'll share if someone else will... ; )

Shannen