Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Feb 19 13:09:11 GMT 1998

> Think someone already thought of this, too many losses between motor,
> generator, pump.  But just another point, if turbo's are better for high
> power, why don't top fuellers use turbo's rather than a supercharger as they
> are not worried about low rpm power, but only mid to high end power ??
>
> Dan     dzorde at geocities.com

I guess probably they don't run turbos because they would have to run
something resembling an exhaust to run a turbo, and the backpressure
comming out of the turbo might hurt enough because they have to run
everything together, rather than run open pipes from each cylinder,
and also considering that they blow up superchargers and the superchargers
aren't running really hot, it may be no one really wants to pay
for a turbocharger that can take the load and not explode.

Just a guess.

			Roger Heflin