Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Feb 19 23:40:25 GMT 1998

Maybe wise to use the best of both worlds,use electric motor to pull the
charger
at low rpm and belt at high rpm?
If you try to speed a turbo charger to make high boost at low rpm,it will
pass
ist pump limmit(the air will flow out of inlet )(in pulses).
Engine management is much easier when using super charger.(its in constant
relationship with the engine.)Maybe turbo rpm. and backpressure should have
its own tables in engine managment.
I dont think efi systems will be perfect before you have mesurement of all
o2 molecules entering _each_ cylinder
I tryed once to remove all accleration enrichment on a Electromotive
system,
I felt the car was more sluggish than a carb without accleration pump.
How fast is fuel pressure (that is refered to manifold
pressure)changing.Maybe a
pressure sensor measuring fuel pressure is a good thing to have.Fuel curves
could be compensated for late comming fuel pressure,Electronic controlled
fuel pressure!!!  thats a nice way of increasing the envelope.
Hope you dont mind me thinking loud.
Maybe its one of thise damm hats..........
Espen