Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri Feb 20 04:32:34 GMT 1998

Steve Baldwin wrote:

> > Gotta remember, the turbo does not work on exhaust "flow" but on exhaust
> > "heat" The energy in the exhaust is recaptured, so for all intents and
> > purposes it is free - if you did not recapture it, all it does is raise
> > the atmospheric temp.
>
> So how much boost do I get if I put a turbo in the oven ? A really hot oven
> ?
> Does it work for microwaves too ?
>
> Has anyone actually done any measurements or seen any data on the cost side
> of a turbo ?
> If I had an engine that dyno'd at say 350hp with headers and then pulled
> them off , put on a turbo and turbo manifold and had it venting into the
> air with a restriction on the compressor, how many horsepower would I have
> left ?
>
> Steve.

If anyone has ANY doubt that it is thermal energy, and not exhaust flow
that runs a turbo, try running the turbo at the end of the tail-pipe.
The exhaust flow, pressure, etc is the same way back there,but the heat
energy is gone. No spin much the turbo!!
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!