Variable Compression, Variable Displacement you decide

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Feb 20 13:16:29 GMT 1998

> > > Expert? Me?, No I am no expert - far from it. Its just my life's work
> > > thats all. I do not believe in experts - (A drip under pressure etc etc
> > > etc) - However I do seem to know more about the subject than you do, so
> > > if you have any further questions, please put on your cone shaped hat
> > > (Yunno - the one with the 'D' on it), sit in the corner, put your hand
> > > in the air, and I will see if I can help you.
> > >
> > > Me - I just luv a bit of forced induction...
> >
> > I amr really not sure you do.  You seem to not realize where the energy
> > from the turbo is coming from.  If the energy was being truely wasted,
> > then turbo vehicles should get better gas mileage than any NA vehicle
> > in existence, becasue more of the energy from the fuel is being effectively
> > used, but turbo cars don't get any better than cars with na engines
> > of similar weight and hp.
> >
> >                                 Roger
>
> Roger - I give up with you. You really are a pratt. Nearly every
> statement you make is WRONG. Are you a professional wind-up artist?,
> Were you born that way, or did you have to train hard for it.
> Tony
> --
> Sent By Tony Cooper.
> email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
> Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)

Tony,

You where claiming every bit of the energy used to drive the turbo
was free.  That is not true. I will but the part about the heat
being used to drive the turbo - but you did not say that - someone
else did.  I will now buy that part of the energy (don't know
what part - guess around 1/2 is free) All you claimed was it was
all free all the hp used by a supercharger could be gotten completly
free with a turbo.  This statement is WRONG.   You could not explain
where the energy was coming from so it could be free.   That was
what I was trying to figure out.  And also,  if I only have the time
for "curt" appearing one word answers, I don't post, I wait until
I can post complete answers, and I check where the thread has gone.

			Roger