Power to weight calc

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Feb 20 16:06:39 GMT 1998

> I would have thought that using a higher diff ratio would give a
> better 1/4 mile time due to the better acceleration.  Therefore you
> would want to tell them that you had used a higher diff than you
> really have as this will make it look like you have less power.
> Could be completely wrong so please don't flame me too hard.
>
> Martin

Of course they are running it on speed, the speed will change
very little with different gears.  Usually if someone wants
to appx. hp speed is a better number to use from the 1/4.  On
times though a higher diff does improve the 1/4 mile times,
so it would need less engine power to get the same time.

			Roger