More HEI HEI

peter paul fenske ffnsp955 at bcit.bc.ca
Fri Feb 20 17:23:40 GMT 1998

Hi Shannen

I presume you have the schematic of the 4 terminal..

Yes 12 volts will fire the P terminal..

My rig merely simulates the action of the pu coil in
a normal HEI.

However you cannot pulldown the P terminal.

I am an engineer not a mechanic. I do not directly put
12 volts on to explosive electronic devices . Hence the
680 ohms to feed. It may work fine without.

Now if you got the 4 terminal with a charging cap
the cap is in the N circuit. If you tickle the N
sufficiently I presume the cap will charge up totally
and swamp the circuit. Ie it will cease operation after
being tickled too much.

And yes it will take a very low voltage to fire the circuit
IN differential mode. Remember I am trying to fire
this thing unbalanced. This means I must over
come the DC bias on the transistor as well as
provide the firing signal

Gm provides a lot of gnd switch outputs. OC means
open collector. The ref signal is not a gnd switch signal

later:peter