power to weight calc

Dan Zorde dzorde at geocities.com
Fri Feb 20 18:32:21 GMT 1998

To all ye faithfull ones out there.

Need small favour for making my car seem to have a lower power to weight
than it actually has for this years competition, instead of engine capacity
classes they will use power to weight ratio classes.  The calc will be based
on 1/4 mile runs (time, speed ?), diff ratio and final gear ratio, weight
and probably tire size.  Now the only thing that can't be checked is diff
ratio, so the question is, do I need to say that the diff ratio is more
(3.36) or less (2.78) than what I'm actually running (3.08) to reduce the
calculated power to weight ratio ?

My conclusion is 2.78 (power=torque*rpm), is this correct ?

Much appreciated

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com
(Everyone has their own way of trying to gain an advantage)